Schedule of Regular Meetings:
Regular meetings of the board are held on the third Tuesday of each month. July is dark. Closed session begins at 6:00 p.m., and open session begins at 6:30 p.m. Meetings take place in the Multi-purpose Room at 3901 North Mesa School Road, Somis, CA.
ABOUT MESA UNION BOARD OF TRUSTEES: Mesa Union School District’s consists of (5) Board of Trustees; the role of the Board of Trustees is to ensure that the district is responsive to the values, beliefs and priorities of the Mesa Union School community. Trustees fulfill this role by performing five major responsibilities:
- Setting direction
- Establishing an effective and efficient structure
- Providing support
- Ensuring accountability
- Providing community leadership as advocates for children, the school district and public schools
These five responsibilities represent core functions that are so fundamental to a school system’s accountability to the public that they can only be performed by an elected governing body. Authority is granted to the board as a whole, not each member individually. Therefore, board members fulfill these responsibilities by working together as a governance team with the superintendent, principal, and our talented teachers and staff to:
- Assure that Mesa Union School students have the opportunity to actively participate in a rigorous and rewarding academic environment enriched with visual and performing arts, technology, robotics, athletics, and other extracurricular activities.
- Sustain financial security of the District, while utilizing available resources to their highest potential and best use
- Working together to provide the vision, resources, advocacy, leadership, and accountability in a transparent, respectful, and collaborative manner to help students, their parents, and their teachers increase student achievement.
- Recognize the talents, devotion, and extraordinary efforts of all district employees.
- Collaborate with others who believe in student achievement and success, while distinguishing Mesa Union School District as a leader in Ventura County.
Each of the Board of Trustees would appreciate and welcome your ideas and thoughts as we strive to move the District forward. Please contact by through the email address provided below.
Bryan Stotko - Board President
CAREER: Marketing Strategy Director at Anthem, Inc.
EDUCATION: BA, English Literature, Saint John’s University
ABOUT ME: Born and raised in Ventura County. Bryan is married with two teenage sons; both of which are Mesa Tigers!
TERM: December 2018
CAREER: CEO at The TEMCO Group LLC / Real Estate and Development
EDUCATION: BA, Marketing & Management, Westmar University
ABOUT ME: Born and raised in Ventura County. Tonya is married with six children; five girls and one boy. Tonya along with three of her children were Mesa Tigers.
TERM: December 2018