MESA UNION SCHOOL
While our school looks good from the outside, it was first built in 1939, almost 80 years ago
Mesa Union School District has served the children and families in this area since 1939, when Del Norte School District and Center School District merged to form one school district. The original school consisted of three buildings and the custodian's home. Three teachers taught 68 students. As the number of students increased, the school facilities grew. In 1951, two new classrooms, a cafeteria and an office were added. In 1956 two classrooms were added and by 1964 six additional classrooms followed by another six classrooms in 1968. With the advent of class size reduction, four new classrooms were added in 1997 and 1998. Mesa school has served the community well, but is showing its age.